04 April 2024

2 April 2024

Britt isn looking concerned . . .

Britt is listening intently to the news headlines;  

. . . as she listens to the radio

“South Wales police are still searching for two women who are suspected of murdering a young woman ten years ago in the Swansea area.   The police are appealing to the public . . .”   She hears the door open, so quickly turns off the radio.

She hugs Colin

Colin comes in and she gives him a hug and assures him, “I told them straight that you didn’t know anything.”

"They think she was involved in a murder!"

He groans, “They think she was involved in a murder.”   Britt confirms that it has just been on the radio, but Colin is convinced that they have got it wrong.   

"Yvonne wouldn't be involved in anything like that!"

“Yvonne wouldn’t be involved in something like this!”   Britt is obviously not so sure.

"Isn't it rather early for that?"

Kelly is pouring out drinks, but Jason protests that it is rather early for that;  “Do you know what?   I’m not going to waste Auntie Neet’s bottle, OK – 

"We're going to finish it with sparkles"

we started this marriage with sparkles and we’re going to finish it with sparkles,” she insists, handing him a glass.

“It looks like I’m walking to pick Ifan up this afternoon, then,” he comments.

"I think I'll start packing"

Kelly thought that she would start packing her stuff in their room;  “I’ll only need the essentials for the next few days.”   

"You don't have to move out now, Kelly"

Jason assures her that she does not have to move out now.   “I thought you’d want me out of here pronto,” Kelly replies.

"You're welcome to stay"

“You’re welcome to stay until you’ve sorted something out, all right?” he says and this comes as a relief 

"I don't know where I'll go"

because she does not know where she will go.

"This is not DJ's fault"

In the farmhouse, Sioned rages, “Typical – typical!” to Dai, who points out that this is not DJ’s fault – this is her mess.   

"How am I supposed to sort it out?"

“And how am I supposed to sort it out if he’s in flippin’ Ireland?”

“Fair play – he’s been hurt!” snarls Dai, 

"His ego's been hurt!"

but Sioned insists that only his ego has been hurt.   

"You had the affair – with a woman!"

“Well, you had the affair – with a woman!”

"Would it be better with a man?"

“Would it have been better if I’d had an affair with a man?” she shouts.   

"Calm down, Sioned"

Eileen, who has been watching this altercation, urges her daughter to calm down.   “I wasn’t talking to you!” Sioned growls, 

"He always runs away"

“He always does this – running away when things get difficult – how does he expect me to rely on him?”

“Look, talk to him – say that you’re sorry and you won’t do anything so stupid again,” Dai recommends, 

"DJ played his part as well"

but Sioned points out that DJ played his part in this as well – it is not all her fault.

“I don’t want to hear all the nitty-gritty,” says Dai;  

"Not everyone runs off with the chemist"

she reminds him that they had problems long before Maya and her.   “We all have problems, Sioned, but not everyone runs off with the chemist, no matter how pretty she is!”

"Still here, are you?"

Eileen agrees with this and Sioned demands, “You’re still here, are you?” at which her mother walks out of the house.

"Are you still with the chemist?"

Dai enquires, “Are you still with the chemist?”   

"I'm never going to forgive you"

Sioned thought that he did not want to know the nitty-gritty.   “Listen, I’m never going to forgive you for what you’ve done to DJ, but that’s in the past.   

"We need him to come back to the village"

“We need him to come back to the village – with his family and friends around him, right?   

"I'm begging you, Sioned"

“So please, phone him, say you’re sorry and he’ll come back.   I’m asking you nicely, Sioned – I’m begging you.”

"Did you know about Delyth, then?"

Mark has gone round to number 21 and asks, “Did you know about Delyth, then?”   

"I had no idea"

Colin replies that he had no idea, and Mark continues. “You think you know someone!”

"I do know Yvonne"

Colin insists that he does know Yvonne and Britt maintains that the two of them have run away together, but he will not accept that they are together;  “Unless Delyth has kidnapped her or something.”

"You saw the photo they had"

“You heard what the police said – you saw the photo they had,” she points out, but Colin replies that the photo does not prove anything.   

"Someone could have 'Photoshopped' it"

He enlightens Mark that the police had a photo of them together, but someone could have ‘Photoshopped’ it easily.

"I gave them the photo, right?"

“I gave them that photo, right?” says Britt, “I found it in Yvonne’s purse.”   

"Do you realise what you've done?"

Colin is aghast and asks if she realises what she has done.   

"Yvonne and Delyth have done it, not me!"

“Yvonne and Delyth have done something, not me!” stresses Britt.   He gets up and rushes out of the house, followed by Britt and Mark.

Maya is going up to the flat

Maya is just going into the pharmacy flat 

"Did you know about Delythj and my sister?"

when he calls to her, “Did you know?   Did you know about Delyth and my sister?”   She points out that she only found out recently, so he demands where they are now, but she has no idea.

Britt tries to calm him, 

"You must know!"

but he continues to shout, “You must know – you were engaged to her.   Think, Maya, think!”

Sioned is watching

Sioned comes across to see what is going on 

"She won't tell me what she knows!"

and Colin exclaims, “She won’t tell me what she knows!”   Britt warns him that Maya does not know – that is the reason.

He is still convinced that she is hiding something and, 

"Come on, Col, calm down"

as Mark tries to calm things, 

"If I've lost my sister again because of you . . ."

goes on, “If I’ve lost my sister again because of you . . .”   Britt walks off in disgust, while Mark argues that there is no point in wasting time there

"How about we go and look for Yvonne?"

and suggests that they go and look for Yvonne, as she must be around somewhere.

Dai is watching  . . .

Sioned goes into the pharmacy flat with Maya;  

. . . as Sioned and Maya go inside

Dai is watching disapprovingly from across the road.

Eileen hammers on a door . . .

Eileen knocks repeatedly on an unfamiliar door, 

. . . and shouts for Howard . . .

then opens it, shouting for Howard, so obviously it is Deri Fawr, but there is no reply;  

. . . then phones the hospital
  

she gets out her phone and makes a call;  “Hello, I’m phoning to find out if one of my colleagues is with you – no, I don’t know which ward – 

"His name is Howard Owen"

 his name is Howard Owen.”

"Everyone thinks I'm hiding something"

Up in the pharmacy flat Maya tells Sioned, “Everyone thinks I’m hiding something.”   

"I mean, I don't blame them . . ."

This is dismissed by Sioned, who points out that people like to talk nonsense around there.   “I mean, I don’t blame them – I’ve been living with a murderer – I don’t know whether she did it, 

". . . but it is freaking me out"

“but it is freaking me out!   Colin hates me.”

Sioned consoles her that he is just worried about Yvonne;  “I’ve been the subject of gossip around here many times.   Trust me, people forget about it and move on.”

She checks Sioned's face

Maya realises that she has not asked if Sioned is OK and she replies that she is fine;  

"I need to get out of this village"

“It’s not right, what your Mam did – you need to leave Penrhewl – and I need to get out of this village.   I don’t know where I can go, but I can’t stay here.”

She is reminded that she has built a business there, but she says that she can start again.   

"And what about me?"

“And what about me?   I’m just supposed to forget about you, am I?” demands Sioned, “DJ and Delyth have put themselves first – I think it’s about time you and I did the same.”   

They sit in silence

They both sit silently.

Eileen gets back to Penrhewl . . .

Eileen arrives back at Penrhewl in a very worried state, 

. . . and gets a shock

then is shocked to hear Howard’s voice 

"It's time for us to have a chat"

saying, “Hello, Eileen!   It’s time for us to have a chat.”

"Have you told DJ about the baby?"

“What about DJ?   Have you told him about the baby?” asks Maya and Sioned shakes her head.   

"Are you going to?"

“Are you going to?”

"Why should ?   He's gone to Ireland!"

Sioned wants to know, “Why should I?   He’s gone to Ireland!”   

"He had his reasons"

She is reminded that he had his reasons for doing what he did.   “Me too,” says Sioned, and Maya wonders what is going to happen when DJ does come back.

“I don’t want him back!” Sioned states quite clearly, “I want someone I can rely on.”

"And that's me, is it?"

“And that’s me, is it?” enquires Maya, with a smile.

“If you want it to be,” Sioned replies and is told that she is off her head.   “It doesn’t matter to me,” Sioned assures her 

Another kiss

and they kiss again, without any interruption this time.

"Do you only want this because it's convenient?"

“Sioned, do you only want this now because it’s convenient?   Because DJ’s left and you just want someone by your side?   I know I could really fall for you, so you need to be honest.”   

"I am being honest"

Sioned confirms that she is being honest 

"I'd better get back to work"

and Maya maintains that she has to get back to work;     (presumably the pharmacy downstairs is securely locked).

"Just a drink in the Deri, that's all"

Sioned proposes seeing her tonight, but Maya is somewhat hesitant about that.   “Just a drink in the Deri, that’s all – please give me a chance.”   

"Half seven?"

They agree on half past seven.

"Is this weird?"

Jason and Kelly sit side-by-side on the sofa;  “Is this weird?” she remarks, “That we’re so calm?”   

"Better than being at each other's throats"

He maintains that it is better than being at each other’s throats.   

"Some dust in my eyes"

Her excuse is that the dust from the attic has affected her eyes as she walks into the kitchen;  

"I'll go and fetch Ifan now"

Jason will go to fetch Ifan now.

"Do you want me to walk with you?"

“Do you want me to walk with you,” she asks, her voice full of emotion, but he thinks that he had better get used to going on his own, 

"Sorry – that came out wrong"

then apologises as it came out all wrong.

Kelly wipes her eyes

Wiping her eyes again, 

"We're family"

she tells him, “We’re family,” and Jason agrees;  

"That's exactly what we're going to tell Ifan"

that is exactly what they are going to tell Ifan this afternoon.   

Kelly cannot control her tears

He leaves and Kelly cannot control her tears.

"I don't remember shooting anyone?"

As Howard stands menacingly over her, Eileen protests, “Things went too far – we all went too far,” but he says he does not remember shooting anyone.   

"You were trespassing!"

“You were trespassing on my land – I was defending myself!” she snarls.

"Good luck with explaining that to the pigs!"

“Against an unarmed man?   Good luck with explaining that to the pigs!” Howard sneers.   

"Now I want you to leave"

Now she wants him to leave the house, 

"What would happen to your boy if you went to jail?"

but he continues, “What would happen to that boy of yours if you went to jail?”

"Don't you dare threaten me!"

“Don’t you dare threaten me with that!” she responds, 

"I want my own place as compensation"

and he informs her that he wants his own place to farm – as compensation.   

"You're not getting any of Penrhewl!"

“You’re not getting any of Penrhewl,” she answers.

"You're going to buy Deri Fawr for me!"

“I want more than land – I want Deri Fawr – and you’re going to buy it for me!” Howard announces, “I’m serious.”   

"I don't have the money to do that!"

She protests that she does not have the money to buy Deri Fawr.

“Do you expect me to believe that?” he laughs, and she maintains that John would not sell it to her, anyway;  there is no way it can work.

"Well, find a way!"

“Well, find a way!” he threatens.

"We love you more than the whole world"

At Bryntirion, Kelly is trying to explain to Ifan, “So, what you have to remember is we love you more than the whole world, yeah?   

"You're still coming over for sleepovers"

“And you’re still coming over for sleepovers and movie nights.   When Dadi can’t pick you up from school, I’ll pick you up, OK?   

"Strawberry milkshake, yeah?"

“To that café after drama club to have a strawberry milkshake, yeah?”

"Is it, Jason?"

Jason is lounging on the sofa, listening to this, as she assures his son that nothing is going to change;  “Is it, Jason?”

"What are we going to eat for dinner?"

He is quick to change the subject;  “What are we going to eat for dinner tonight?   Dadi forgot to go to the shop to get dinner – silly Dadi!   

"Will you be all right with Kelly?"

“Will you be all right here with Kelly for a while?”   

Of course he will

Ifan is more than happy with Kelly, and waves goodbye to his father.   However, when the door closes, Kelly’s smiling appearance changes.

"I thought you'd still be out"

Eileen is looking solemnly at her laptop when Sioned comes in;  she thought that her mother would still be out.   “I’m catching up on admin,” Eileen tells her, “How has your day been?”

"I haven't phoned DJ"

“I haven’t phoned DJ, if that’s what you’re asking,” Sioned replies and Eileen maintains that she is simply worried about her.   “Worried about me now, are you?   Listen, I’m going out tonight – 

"You can cancel any plans you had to hassle me"

“so you can cancel any plans you had to hassle me!”

"I want to ask your opinion . . ."

Before she goes, her mother wanted to ask her opinion on something, 

"Get stuffed, Mam!"

but she is told, “Get stuffed, Mam!”

Jason is pondering . . .

Jason is sitting in the Deri, looking very mournful;  

. . . then makes a decision

he finishes the last of his pint and walks out.

Dai bursts in

In the pharmacy, Maya is doing some paperwork when the door opens;  

"I'm sorry – we're closed"

“Mr Ashurst, I’m sorry – we’re closed,” she says, “I forgot to lock the door.”

"I want a quick chat"

“Don’t worry – I won’t be here long – I want a quick chat,” says Dai.   She repeats that she is closed, but he can have a consultation tomorrow afternoon, if he likes.

"What I'd like is for you to leave Cwmderi!"

“What I’d like, Maya, is for you to leave Cwmderi!” he snarls, “I Heard about the Delyth business – were you involved?”   Maya has already told the police and everyone else that she knew nothing about it.

"You knew DJ was in a relationship with Sioned"

“You knew that DJ was in a relationship with Sioned,” he continues and when she answers that it is complicated, he rants, “Complicated?   It will get a lot more complicated unless you decide to leave!   There isn’t much forgive and forget around here!”

"Are you threatening me?"

“Are you threatening me?” Maya asks 

"Just a word of advice"

and he describes what he has said as simply a word of advice, so that they understand each other.   With that he walks out of the shop again.

Jason is back

Jason returns to Bryntirion 

"On our bed . . . your bed"

and is informed, “Ifan’s playing on the iPad in our bed . . . your bed.   Did you get some dinner?”   

There is no dinner

He obviously has not bought anything, but Kelly can clearly see there is something on his mind.

"I don't think this is a very good idea"

“I don’t think this is a very good idea,” he begins, “You made a lot of promises to Ifan in there earlier.   

"He needs time to get used to the fact]"

“I just think he needs time to get used the fact that you’re not going to be there, Kelly.”

"We said nothing's going to change"

“I am going to be here, because that’s what we said – nothing is going to change,” she reminds him.

"But everything has changed"

“But everything has changed – that’s why I think you should stay away from him for while – I don’t want to complicate things more than necessary.”

"Disppear off the face of the planet?"

“What’s going to complicate things is that I disappear off the face of the planet – just like his mother did!” insists Kelly.   Jason still wants Kelly to be part of Ifan’s life, but considers that the best thing to do is for her to stay away from him for a few weeks, so that he has time to get used to the situation.

"I don't think you should be here tomorrow morning"

“I have to put Ifan first now, Kelly – and I don’t think you should be here when he wakes up tomorrow morning, sorry.”   This news comes as a considerable shock to Kelly.


Sioned arrives at the Deri 

In the Deri, Sioned arrives, smartly dressed;  she orders from Cheryl a gin and tonic plus a soda and lime, and is complimented on her smartness.   

"Big plans tonight?"

“Big plans tonight?” asks Cheryl.   

"Something like that"

Sioned agrees that it is something like that.

"Yvonne, will you phone me, please "

Meanwhile, at one of the tables, Colin is leaving a message on his phone;  “Yvonne, will you phone me, please?”

The back door opens . . .

Britt is sitting quietly at home when she hears the back door open, and assumes that it is Colin.   When she goes into the kitchen, she discovers that it is in fact Kylie, the foster child who stayed with them for a month.   

. . . and discovers Kylie

“Kylie, what are you doing here?” she gasps.

Kelly walks into the Deri, carrying her bag, 

Sioned appears to have been 'stood up'

passing Sioned, who is still waiting for Maya to turn up.   She is tired of waiting so picks up her coat to leave.

Kelly enquires whether they are doing B&B, 

"Sorry, full house, Kelly"

but is informed by Cheryl that they have a full house and she asks if everything is all right.   

"Not really"

“Not really,” is the reply.

Sioned is giving up

On her way to the door Sioned comes face-to-face with Dai;  

"Did you have a word with DJ?"

“Ah, Sioned, did you have a word with DJ?”   

"Leave me alone!"

She simply tells him to leave her alone.

"I'll leave you alone when my son is home, OK?"

“I’ll leave you alone when my son is home, OK!” Dai informs her, but she wants him to move out of her way, 

"I'm late to meet a friend"

as she says she is late to meet a friend.

"Well, if you're meeting Maya . . ."

“Well, if you’re meeting Maya, you’re far too late – I saw her leaving – her car was chock-a-block with stuff.   It looked as if she was moving out.”

“What have you said to her?” Sioned demands and he maintains that does not matter.

"Do something about it!"

“What’s important is that my son comes home – and it’s up to you to make that happen – so do something about it!”   

Sioned is furious

Sioned is furious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment