21 April 2024

17 April 2024

"Where's this Tom from, then?"

At Maes-y-Deri, Kelly is enquiring about this Tom and is informed by Cheryl that he is from up north somewhere;  

"Don't tell Gaynor that you know"

“But don’t tell Gaynor that you know.   He’s good-looking, apparently.”

"Was it my tun to go and fetch the milk?"

Kelly opens the fridge and gasps, “Was it my turn to go and get the milk?”   

"Don't worry – I'll get it later"

Cheryl tells her not to worry;  she will get it later.   

"I'm an awful housemate"

“Do you know what?   I’m an awful housemate – I’m so sorry,” Kelly continues;  Cheryl realises she has a lot on her plate and is doing her best.

“I am super grateful to you and Mark, but honestly, trying to find somewhere to live is, like, a nightmare – if you hear about anyone who wants a tenant . . .”   

"Dani's rent is extortionate!"

She reports that she did not have any luck with number 7, regarding Dani’s rent is extortionate.

Cheryl is surprised, as it is not like the place is huge;  “Well, she said there’s loads of interest,” Kelly groans, which Cheryl finds rather strange.

"That's not what she told Mark"

“That’s not what she told Mark – she said no-one was interested.”   

"Right – I'm going to get my life back on track!"

Kelly is intrigued to hear this and is in a hurry to leave the house, advising Cheryl that she is about to get her life back on track.

"You need to talk to her"

As they sit in the deli, Diane is telling DJ, “You need to talk to her and try and understand.”   

"I don't think I will ever understand"

He does not think he will ever understand.   “We all do stupid things,” Diana continues, 

"Have you kissed a woman before?"

and he wonders if she has kissed a woman before.

“Well, no – but we’re all different,” is the reply, 

"Look at Britt"

“Look at Britt  – she was with Teg first, then Gwyneth and now she’s with Colin – and she’s been happy with them all.   If you caught Sioned kissing another man, would you be this angry?   It’s not just you that you have to think about now – by Christmas you’ll have two children.   You don’t want to be like your father and miss out on raising them, do you?”

"I asked Sioned to have an abortion"

DJ confesses that he asked Sioned to have an abortion yesterday and that is why she threw him out.   

"Is that what you want?"

Diane asks if that is what he wants;  “For her to have an abortion?”

DJ does not know what he wants;  “Children with Sioned was the plan, but after everything that’s happened, 

"I don't know any more"

I don’t know any more – everything looks different now.”

"Something tells me you still have feelings for her"

Diane appreciates that he has been hurt, “But something tells me you still have feelings for her.”

"Black coffee and a bacon roll, please"

Ieuan comes in and asks the young lady behind the counter for a black coffee and a bacon roll.   

Anita gets up to leave

Anita is sitting nearby, but as soon as she sees him, 

"I don't have time to talk!"

she walks out, informing him that she does not have time to talk. 

Kelly wants a chat with Dani

Kelly marches purposefully into the Deri, where Dani is looking intently at her phone;  “Oh aye, here you are,” she says, “I just thought I’d pick up on the conversation about number 7.   

"Have you found tenants yet?"

“Have you found tenants yet?”

Dani replies that she has not;  “You said that there was loads of interest,” Kelly points out, 

"There are some viewings booked for next week"

and is told that there are some viewings booked in for next week, which Kelly does not believe for a moment.

"Well, you'd better cancel, then"

“Well, you’d better cancel them, then – because I want to rent the place.   Drop the act, Dani – I know you haven’t got viewings booked for next week.   

"I see the books at Tomos ac Ellis"

“You remember that I see the books at Tomos ac Ellis, yeah?   So I’m willing to pay £500 a month and a £100 deposit – what do you say?”

Dani will think about it, so Kelly puts her cards on the table;  

"I need somewhere to live – you need a tenant"

“I really need somewhere to live and you really need a tenant – it’s a win-win!   I really need a fresh start – 

"Will you help ne with that, or what?"

“will you help me with that, or what?”

Jason looks at the laptop

In APD, as Jason is looking at the laptop, Eleri walks in and wishes him good morning.   “I assume you’re Jason,” she begins, “I’m Eleri, you might know my father, Brynmor.”

"You're with Mathew, aren't you?"

He comments that he believes she is with Mathew, but she takes exception to this;  “Is that what he’s telling people?”   Jason heard that they had been on a date, 

"He's not my type"

but she dismisses him as not being her type.   “How is business going these days?” she enquires.

"And what's that got to do with you?"

He wonders what that has to do with her and she replies that she is doing a little market research.   

"This business seems to be in good hands"

“Business is my thing and this business seems to be in good hands – it’s successful, from what I hear.”

Jason assumes that she has been told that by Mathew;  he wonders why there are all these questions.   “Did you want anything in particular?” he asks 

"I want a drink with you"

and she comes straight to the point, that she wants a drink with him, perhaps tonight. 

He is taken aback by this approach;  “Thanks for the offer, but I can’t – I’m not ready to go for a drink with anyone at the moment, sorry.”   

"Your loss"

She comments that it is his loss and walks out again, 

It does not take much to confuse Jason

leaving Jason quite puzzled.

Sioned is alone at Penrhewl . . .

Sioned is at Penrhewl when DJ returns there;  

. . . when DJ cautiously comes  in

“Is it safe to come in?” he asks and 

"Have to come to argue?"

she replies that it depends whether he has come to argue or not.  

"They're not the problem – it's the two of us"

“Everyone has said things they regret – listen Sioned, I’m so, so sorry – but those two are not the problem – it’s the two of us.”

"We agree on one things, then"

“We agree on one thing, then,” she replies.

Howard looks at his phone . . .

Howard is sitting on his hospital bed and looks at his phone, 

. . . where there are three missed calls from Cassie

which shows three missed calls from Cassie;  he smiles at that, then is told that there is someone to see him.

"I have a couple of questions"

It is DS Thomas, who has a couple of questions to ask him, if that is all right.   

"How did you get that injury?"

“Let’s start at the beginning – how did you get that injury?”   He looks suspiciously at her.

"I can see myself being really happy there"

Kelly has gone to see Jason at APD;  “I mean, it’s perfect and I can see myself being really happy there, 

"I need to know the money will be in my account"

“but, Jase, I need a guarantee that the money from the settlement will be in my account before I sign, because after that I’m tied.   I can’t rely on Griffiths, because he’s up ‘you know what’ creek without a paddle!” 

"I haven't got £50,000 this second . . ."

Jason replies, “The thing is, Kelly, you do realise that I haven’t got £50,000 on me to give you this second – 

 ". . . but I can pay your first month's rent"

“but what I can do is pay the first month’s rent and the deposit to make sure you get the place.   Then you will get the rest as soon as possible.”

"This is realistic, is it, Jase?"

Kelly wonders when that will be and he suggests probably a month.   “Are you completely sure?   This is realistic, is it, Jase?” she demands.   

"Sign the contract and start packing"

He assures her that it is and that she can sign the contract and start packing.   

Kelly is very pleased

She is quite delighted by this.

"I am jealous of her"

As they sit at Penrhewl, DJ tells Sioned, “You were spot-on with what you said yesterday – I am jealous of her.”   Sioned assures him at there is no need to be, as she has now gone.

“You also said things weren’t good between us, too,” he goes on;  

"I felt claustrophobic"

Sioned explains that she felt claustrophobic with all the care he was giving her when she was ill.   

"Is that what pushed you towards it"

“Is that what pushed you towards her?’ he asks, 

"I just enjoyed her company"

but Sioned says that she just enjoyed Maya’s company and could talk to her about things.

"Things you couldn't discuss with me"

“Things that you couldn’t discuss with me,” DJ sighs.   Sioned is sorry if that hurt him, and he comments that it is better to know the truth.   “Did she know you were pregnant before I did?”

"She was in Aber that night"

“Well, she was in Aber that night when I had the pains, with Ffion,” she replies.   

"Did you tell her before you went to Aber?"

He is aware of that but asks if Maya was told before Sioned went to Aber.   

There is no reply

She does not reply to that.

"The injuries are not consistent with your story"

“We’ve done some research and the injuries are not consistent with your story,” says the DS.

"You don't think I was shot?"

“What?   You don’t think I was shot?” demands Howard.   The DS does not believe it was done with his own gun, because the injury is consistent with someone shot from a distance.   “Well, you’re wrong!” he insists

"I want the truth this time"

“In this case, I don’t think I am – so let’s start again – how did you get that injury, Mr Owen?   And I want the truth this time.”

Eleri is at the deli

Eleri has purchased a coffee from the deli, where Eileen is now on duty, when Jason comes in.  

"Are you following me or what?"

“Are you following me or what?” quips Eleri, “Are are you sure you’ve got time for a coffee – you’re looking stressed.”

"I'm helping my ex-wife into her new home"

He explains that he is helping his ex-wife move into her new home.  

"Are you her lap-dog?"

“And what are you – her lap-dog?” is Eleri’s sneering response.

“We’re still friends and trying to be civil.”   All Eleri is interested in is whether they have started divorce proceedings, and suspects that is what is worrying him.   “Well, divorce is not cheap, is it?” he says.

"Give me your phone"

“Give me your phone,” she instructs him, and enters a number on it.   

"This Gareth's number . . ."

“This is Gareth’s number – he’s a financial advisor.   No matter what the situation, he can help you.   Trust me – he works miracles.   

" . . . and I've put my number in there as well"

“And I’ve put my number in there as well – in case you need a friend who isn’t an ex.”

Jason cannot work her out

Jason cannot quite work Eleri out, as he orders his cappuccino.

Is that Gwynfor paying a return visit?

In the Deri, where there is a man at the bar who looks strangely reminiscent of Gwynfor from some years ago, Anita appears very downcast when Ieuan comes in, looking for her.

"How many times do I have to tell you?"

“Anita!” he begins, but she just wants to be left alone and wonders how many times she has to tell him.   

"I've got good news for you"

“I’ve got good news for you,” he insists, 

"More lies, I expect"

but she imagines there will be more lies.

“I was trying to protect you, not keep secrets,” he whines, but she snarls that he made a fool of her in front of everyone in the village.   “Look, you don’t have to worry about the bailiffs – they’ve got the car, so they won’t be back for a while.”

"How much trouble are you in, Ieuan?"

She demands how much trouble he is in 

He looks sheepish

and he looks very sheepish.

"My head was all over the place, DJ"

Sioned is walking along the High Street and encounters DJ outside the shop;  she confesses, “I was wrong not to tell you that I was pregnant.  My head was all over the shop.”

"You said it was hormones"

He recalls that she said it was hormones;   “I was scared of losing it again and of getting my hopes up – and after yesterday’s news, I’m even more scared now.   I always knew I’d be worried about the health of one baby – 

"Now I'm worried about passing it on to two babies!"

“now I’m worried about passing this heart condition on to two babies!”

DJ reminds her of what the doctors said;  the babies are going to be monitored and if they have the condition, it can be dealt with, as a family.

"Arguing is making everything a thousand times worse!"

“This is supposed to be a happy time for us, but arguing with you is making everything a thousand times worse,” Sioned complains.   

"I haven't dealt with it very well, either"

He acknowledges that he has not dealt with this very well either, 

"It broke my heart"

but when he walked in on the two of them . . . it broke his heart.   

"I'm so sorry, DJ"

Sioned stresses how sorry she is.

Dani comes to welcome Kelly

Dani comes into number 7 with a bottle to welcome her new tenant;  Kelly did not realise that she had so much stuff.   She hands over the contract, 

"Singed, sealed and now delivered"

“Signed, sealed and now delivered.”

"It's my way of saying sorry"

Dani gives her the bottle, as a way of saying sorry;  she says she has been there loads of times, having to ‘start over’.

"A new chapter in my life"

“Me too, and here I am again, a new chapter in my life!” says Kelly, as the door opens and Jason arrives with another box, which he drops.

"Are you sure this is only handbags?"

“Are you sure it’s only handbags in this box?” he demands and she points out that at least he will not trip over them in the night.

"I've always been a messy cow!"

“I’ve always been a messy cow!” she admits.   

Jason casts his eye around the place

Dani will leave her to settle in and Jason looks around.   

"It will do for now"

Kelly regards it as a bit of a shoebox, but it will do for now.

"If you get rid of a few pairs of shoes . . ."

He recommends that if she gets rid of a few pairs of shoes, she would have plenty of room, 

"There's always room for you to come over"

and she assures him, “There’s always room for you to come over for a cup of tea, if you want to – and for Ifan to come for sleepovers, if he’s allowed.”

"Ifan misses you"

Jason confirms that he will be allowed, as he misses Kelly.   

"Me – or the strawberry milkshakes?"

“He misses me – or the strawberry milkshakes after drama club?”   Jason suggests that they can discuss which nights of the week she would like to see Ifan.

He is about to leave the house . . .

He turns to go 

. . . but as he steps into the street . . .

but as he gets outside in the street Kelly, 

. . . Kelly asks for the money . . .

remembers that she still needs the money for the deposit, which he has in his pocket.   She feels rather awkward asking him now and, of course, 

. . . the handover of which is witnessed

as he hands over the envelope, Diane is coming round the corner by APD.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?"

Jason knows what to expect;  “Are you going to tell me what’s going on?” demands Diane and he replies that he is helping Kelly to move in.   

"What was in that envelope?"

“What was in that envelope?”

When told that it was rent money, Diane continues, “Paying the rent is not your responsibility.”   

"It's a little of what I already owe her"

He angrily explains that he is only paying a little of the money he already owes her.

"How ae you going to pay her £50,000?"

“Have you worked out how you’re going to pay her £50,000?   It won’t bring her back.”   

Jason walks away

Jason does not have time for this and storms off along the street.

"I can't believe you wee stealing from Tomos ac Ellis!"

“I can’t believe you were stealing from Tomos ac Ellis!” exclaims Anita, 

"Nor stealing – borrowing"

but Ieuan points out that it was not stealing, but borrowing.   She demands how he could do such thing, but he maintains that things are getting better now.   He has organised to meet someone who is going to sort out everything for him.   

"I've heard this sort of thing before"

Anita has heard this sort of thing before.

"This is the person I was telling you about"

His phone sounds and finds this is the person he was talking about;  he goes outside to take the call, while Anita is no less worried.

Dine comes in, moaning 

Then Diane comes in, wanting to talk to Anita;  “I’ve heard that Kelly has found somewhere to live – and that Jason is paying her rent.   

"Do you mind having a word with Kelly?"

“Do you mind having a word with Kelly?   I’m worried she’s asking too much of Jason and I don’t think he can afford it.”

"That's not Kelly's problem, is it?"

“Well, that’s not Kelly’s problem, is it?” demands Anita.

"This could make him ill again"

“You know his history – this could make him ill again,” Diane insists.   

"We should not stick our noses into their business"

Anita’s view is that they should not stick their noses into other peoples business, but Diane protests, “I just want Kelly to be more reasonable!   

"It's not that she deserves £50,000!"

“After all, it’s not like she deserves £50,000 in the first place!”

"She could be claiming more!"

Anita takes exception to this;  “Of course she does – if anything, she could be claiming more!”   

"I gave that girl everything on a plate"

Diane rages that she gave that girl everything on a plate, but Anita’s temper is now roused.   

"Talk to that waster of a son of yours!"

“If you’ve got a problem, talk to that waster of a son of yours, instead of me!” she shouts.

"Is there no peace in this place?"

Attracted by the raised voices, Cheryl asks if everything is all right;  “Is there no peace in this place?” growls Anita

Off goes Diane

and Diane storms out.

Griffiths encounters Kelly

As Griffiths passes the deli, he is speaking on the phone;  “Great – thank you very much,” he says and then Kelly comes out of number 7 next door.

"Staff meeting in the Deri tomorrow"

“Kelly, I need to see you and Rhys tomorrow – a staff meeting in the Deri.   I have something to discuss with you and I’m treating you both to coffee.”

Kelly asks, “Are you sure it’s good news?” and he describes it as the best news this year.   

"You're going to pay our wages aren't you?"

“You’re going to pay our wages, aren’t you?” she squeals.

He replies that they will see as he continues along the street.

DJ brings his bags back in

Eileen sits at Penrhewl and is surprised to see DJ bring in his bags.   

They have sorted things out

Sioned advises her mother that they have good news;  they have sorted things out.   “Mind you, I will be in the spare room for a while,” DJ points out.

"We're doing it for these two"

“We’re doing it for these two,” says Sioned, then there is a knock at the door.   

Eileen hugs her daughter

DJ goes to answer it while Eileen embraces her daughter.

DS Thomas, accompanied by another officer, comes in and wishes them good evening.   

"Eileen Probert, I'm arresting you . . ."

“Eileen Probert, I’m arresting you on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm to Howard Owen.   

". . . you do not have to say anything . . ."

“You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned 

". . . something which you later rely on in court"

“something which you later rely on in court.”

Eileen is in tears

Eileen dissolves into tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment