| Ieuan sneaks out of number 7 . . . |
Ieuan creeps furtively out of number 7,
| . . . going that no-one notices . . . |
hoping that no one will see him;
| . . . bit Diane is keeping watch |
however, Diane is standing outside APD, pretending to be looking in her handbag, when he passes.
| "Taking more clothes for Anita?" |
“Hello, Ieuan, are you taking more clothes to Anita?”
| "Yes – I have to go!" |
He replies that he is and is in rather a hurry, so walks away;
| Diane watches him |
Diane takes careful note where he is going.
| '"Some more than others" |
Dani comes into the Deri, where Cassie asks if she had a good time; “Yes, some more than others!” is the reply,
| "Some kind of scandal?" |
so Cassie imagines that there was some kind of scandal.
| "What happens in Tan y Garreg . . . |
She is informed, “What happens in Tan y Garreg, stays in Tan y Garreg. Anyway, how is the planning for the speed dating going?”
| Six men have signed up |
Cassie reports that there are six men, but Dani is unimpressed to see that they include Howard, Mark and Hywel.
| Dani is not keen on this |
They are two women short at the moment, so Cassie points out that the two of them will fill the gap.
| "Has a lot of talent signed up?" |
Siwsi comes in and enquires if a lot of talent has signed up;
| "Is he one of them?" |
she says that she cannot wait, just as one of the participants arrives.
| "All right – time and a half" |
Dani insists that she wants time and a half if she is expected to work in the bar.
| Ieuan gets out of his car . . . |
Ieuan gets out of his car and takes out the case and laptop;
| . . . and is seen by Iolo . . . |
by coincidence it appears that Iolo is doing a plumbing job there and greets Ieuan, who totally ignores him.
| . . . who wonders what he is doing there |
He wonders what Ieuan is doing there, at The Glyndwr.
| A taxi appears on the far left . . . |
As Ieuan is about to go into the hotel, a taxi arrives, containing Diane,
| . . . containing Diane |
who looks suspiciously out of the window.
The speed dating has begun, with the male participants gathering in Ceffyl Du;
| "Doesn't the charm work any more?" |
Mark comments to Hywel, “I’m surprised to see you here – doesn’t the charm work any more?”
Hywel replies that he is merely there to support Rhys. Howard has heard that Dani is taking part;
| "Do I get a discount?" |
“Do we get a discount if we’ve slept with one of them before?” he asks.
| Rhys issues instructions |
Rhys welcomes them, “Move between here and the Deri, until you’ve dated everyone. Lewis, Howard, Dad, you’re in the Deri first,
| "Good luck, boys – and old man!" |
“good luck, boys – and old man!”
| Iolo is under Kelly's sink |
As Iolo is under a sink working on the waste pipe, he tells Kelly, “It’s always worth going on holiday – until the work piles up when you get back.” She asks whether he had a good time
| "Really, really good" |
and he replies, “Really, really good!”
| "Got some action, did you?" |
She hands him a cup of tea and smiles, “You got some action, did you?”
| "You've been talking to Dani" |
He assumes that she has been talking to Dani, but she answers, “No – I can see it on your face!”
He is of the opinion that she ought to work for the CID,
| "Are you going to see each other again?" |
but she further enquires, “Are you going to see each other again – you and . . ?”
| "I told him I'm a tech billionaire" |
“No – not after I told him that I’m a tech billionaire and that my name is Vince – don’t ask! Spending a night with someone doesn't have to lead to anything – it can just be . . . fun – and that’s OK.”
| "It's nice to see you enjoying yourself" |
“It’s nice to see you enjoying yourself again,” Kelly tells him.
| "Perhaps Vince taught me a thing or two" |
He imagines that perhaps Vince taught him a thing or two and enquires about Kelly’s love life.
| "Nothing's ideal, is it?" |
“Fine . . . well, I don’t know, nothing is ideal, is it? Rhys lives with his dad, I live with Ieuan, we’re busy, everyone is worried about Auntie Neet.”
| "That's tough" |
Iolo realises that is tough;
| "When I hear how exciting your love life is" |
“Especially when I hear how exciting your love life is,” Kelly groans.
| Hywel boasts of his cycling prowess |
The speed dating is in full swing, with Hywel talking to Cassie about cycling and boasting how he was cycling over the top of the black mountain last week. She seems to be disinterested,
| "Were you this boring last year?" |
asking, “Were you this boring when we were seeing each other last year?”
He apologises that he is rather out of practice; she taunts him,
| "Don't want to use your best moves?" |
“You don’t want to use your best moves with your ex?” Meanwhile, Dani is talking to this Lewis.
| Geraint sounds the bell |
Geraint sounds the bell to indicate that six minutes are up and that they should change. Hywel moves on to to an unknown woman,
| Lewis is now with Cassie |
while Lewis is now sitting opposite Cassie and she looks rather enthusiastic;
| "Let's see what we can fit in?" |
“Right, let’s see what we can fit into the next six minutes!”
| Ieuan asks for another ice bucket |
Ieuan is clad in his dressing gown and is reclining on a large double bed scattered with rose petals in The Glyndwr hotel. He phones room service asking for another ice bucket for the champagne, as the current one has started to thaw already.
| "That was quick!" |
Within a few seconds, there is a knock at the door, which he regards as very quick service; however, when he opens it,
| He gets a considerable shock . . . |
he is surprised
| . . . to see Diane . . . |
to see the stern visage of Diane,
| . . . demanding what is going on |
who asks, “What’s going on?”
| Howard is talking tractors . . . |
In Ceffyl Du, Howard is talking tractors to Siwsi; “Massey Ferguson, John Deere, New Holland, JCB – you can sit in the cab with me next time I’m driving one!”
| . . . which does not go down well with Siwsi |
She replies that she gets car sick, so he protests, “But these are tractors.”
| An awkward silence ensues |
After an awkward silence, Siwsi asks if he is thinking of staying on at Penrhewl and working for Dorian.
| "I'm not working for that swine!" |
He is adamant, “I’m not working for that swine – I’ll find another farm. How’s work going for you? How is the residential home?”
| "They've cut my hours" |
Siwsi complains that she could do with more shifts because they have cut her hours back; “Imagine missing the whole summer – and your reward is to look for more work!”
| Rhys sounds the bell |
Rhys has been listening to this, then sounds the bell for the next changeover.
| "You wanted to organise this" |
Siwsi grumbles to Rhys, who reminds her that she wanted him to organise this; it is now Hywel’s turn to sit opposite Siwsi.
| "It's awkward when you know half the people" |
She remarks that it is a bit awkward when you know half of the people taking part.
| "Especially when your son is listening" |
“Especially when your son listens to everything you say!” says Hywel.
| "Do you have any embarrassing stories?" |
Siwsi wonders if he has any embarrassing stories about Rhys and Hywel maintains that six minutes is not enough. “When he was 15, he wanted to be a professional wrestler.”
| "Don't believe a word of it!" |
“What – with a leotard and everything?” Siwsi laughs.
| "Who is she?" |
As she stands outside the hotel door, Diane demands, “Who is she? Does she know that you’re married and that your wife has dementia?”
| "There's no-one else here!" |
He stresses that there is no-one else there; Diane scoffs, “Have you come to the Glyndwr for a nap?” When he maintains that it is complicated,
| "You couldn't wait for your wife to die" |
Diane insists, “You couldn’t wait for your wife to die before enjoying yourself with another woman!”
“No!” shouts Ieuan, “You might as well know the truth – come in.”
| "Very classy!" |
Looking at the bed, Diane sneers, “Very classy. Where is she, then? Or hasn’t she turned up yet? Don't say that you’re paying?”
| "It's just me and Janet . . ." |
“It’s just me and Janet.”
| ". . . this is Janet" |
He picks up the laptop
| Diane cannot believe it |
and continues, “This is Janet – my friend.”
| Cassie is in full flow . . . |
Cassie is engaging in conversation with Lewis
| . . . but Mark is very quiet |
while Mark does not say anything to Dani. He admits, “This is the first time I’ve been on a date since Cheryl.”
| "Nice shirt, Mark" |
She compliments him on his shirt,
| "The pattern hides the stain" |
but he points out that the pattern hides a stain.
When he asks if her top is new,
| "You've seen it on the line loads of times" |
she answers, “No – you’ve seen it drying on the line loads of times.”
| "Thanks for the tea, Kelly" |
Iolo has finished the job and thanks Kelly for the cup of tea; she is grateful that he could fit her into his busy schedule
| "Doing anything nice tonight?" |
and wonders if he is doing anything nice tonight – “Or someone nice, I should say.”
| "How about you and Rhys?" |
He replies that he is not, wondering if she and Rhys are doing anything.
| "He's working at the Ceff tonight" |
“No, he’s working at the Ceff tonight,” so Iolo advises her to go over for a drink, as Rhys would love to see her – or perhaps she is going to see Anita.
“No, Ieuan is with her today,” she answers,
| "At The Glyndwr, is it?" |
so Iolo assumes that this is in The Glyndwr, where he saw Ieuan earlier.
| "The Glyndwr?" |
Kelly is very puzzled by this
| "I was doing a job there" |
Iolo explains that he was doing a job there.
| Can I borrow your van?" |
She asks if she can borrow his van.
| "Did you know she was AI?" |
Diane asks Ieuan, “Did you know she was AI?” He believed that she was a real person to begin with. “So you did intend to cheat on Anita!”
| "Nothing like that happened" |
He is adamant that nothing like that happened, but she reminds him that this is not normal, buying all this for a computer.
| "I know how it looks" |
He is aware how it looks, and she maintains that his place is with Anita.
| "Do you think I don't know that?" |
“Do you think I don’t know that? This is where everything started – our relationship – Christmas night. I never thought someone like her would be interested in me –
| "Anita is always on my mind" |
“it was the best night of my life, apart from the wedding, perhaps. Anita is always on my mind, you see, even when I talk to the computer.”
| "You could talk to Kelly or me" |
Diane suggests that he could talk to Kelly, or to her. “You’ve gone through enough –
| "I don't want to be a burden on anyone" |
“I don’t want to be a burden on anyone else – well, not a real person anyway. I just want her back, Diane, like she was –
| "Please don't tell anyone . . ." |
“I know this isn’t normal, but it helps – so, please, don’t tell anyone –
| ". . . especially Kelly!" |
“especially Kelly!”
| Diane agrees |
Diane agrees.
| Hywel's next 'date' is with Dani |
Another dating session has ended and Hywel now sits with Dani;
| "Vivian, billionaire tightrope walker" |
she introduces herself as her new persona, “Vivian, billionaire tight walker who lives in a mansion – nice to meet you.”
| "Maelgwn" |
He says that his name is Maelgwn
| "What sort of name is that?" |
and she wonders what sort of a name that is; “My middle one,” he replies.
| Rhys tells them to go to the Deri |
Shortly afterwards we move to Ceffyl Du, where the final session has ended and Rhys tells everyone to go over to the Deri.
| "I prefer no-shows to a night like this" |
Siwsi complains to him that she is going back on the apps; “I prefer no-shows to a night like this.”
| "I've got no chance with him" |
Rhys maintains that there was one tidy bloke, but she estimates that she has no chance with him. “I can’t believe I wasted a night off on this!” she moans,
| "There's someone out there for you" |
so Rhys says he is certain that someone is out there for her. “Well they don’t live in Cwmderi,” she points out.
| "I knew Kelly for years" |
He recalls that he and Kelly knew each other for years before they started dating; “You just need to meet the right person at the right time –
| "You could settle for Mark Jones!" |
“or you could just lower your standards and settle for Mark Jones!”
| "Or your Dad, of course" |
“Or your Dad, of course!” she laughs, “He’s very charming.” Rhys does not want to hear this, but she adds, “Like father, like son.”
| "Do you want a few shifts here?" |
As she is leaving, he says that he heard her mention that she was looking for more work; “Do you want a few shifts here? It will save me advertising – give me your number –
| "You're more likely to find Mr Right here" |
“you’re more likely to find Mr Right here than Brynawelon!”
| "Some of those old guys are pretty cute" |
She comments that some of those old guys are pretty cute.
| Cassie collects all the forms . . . |
Cassie is collecting all the response forms from the participants
| . . . and will be in touch |
and announces, “I’ll be in touch over the coming days with the feedback.”
| "The pretty one with the long legs" |
Mark confidentially enquires about what Samantha said about him, with Howard confirming that she was the pretty one with the long legs.
| Cassie refuses to divulge any details |
Cassie is not going to reveal anything, but Mark insists, “Tell me if she marked me higher or lower than Hywel and him,” pointing at Howard.
She advises Howard not to hold his breath, so they decide that it was a waste of a night. Howard suspects that he used too much deodorant;
| "I thought it was disinfectant" |
“Oh, that’s what it was – I thought it was disinfectant,” quips Mark.
| "Would you like a nightcap?" |
Lewis comes to the bar and Cassie quickly invites him to come upstairs with her for a nightcap,
| It looks like he would |
which he quickly accepts.
| `'Why did you agree, Dan?" |
Iolo asks, “Why did you agree?” Dani replies that she was offered time and a half,
| "It wasn't worth it!" |
but considers that it was not worth it.
| "I'd love to see you on a date with Hywel!" |
“I’d love to see you on a date with Hywel!” Iolo exclaims, “Please say there’s not another one.”
| "Is that Morgan?" |
Then his phone sounds, so Dani anticipates that it will be Morgan,
| "Just some guy on the apps`' |
but he describes it as, “Just some guy I met on the apps – I’ve been on them for a couple of days. Look, I am feeling more confident about it this time.”
| "You're a dark horse" |
She describes him as a ‘dark horse’, while he wonders why she does not join the apps, which he maintains is better than speed dating.
| "I don't have the energy" |
“I don’t have the energy,” she replies.
| "You're always pushing me" |
“Come on, Dan – you’re always pushing me to put myself out there – what about you? I’m sure you would love to meet someone some day.”
| "Too much baggage" |
“I’ve thought about it,” she admits, “But then I remember how much baggage I’ve got. It was true for Jinx.”
| Ieuan and Diane leave The Glyndwr |
Ieuan and Diane leave The Glyndwr,
| That van looks familiar |
but something which looks like Iolo’s van is parked in the distance. Diane wants Ieuan to promise her one thing;
| "Don't turn to Janet . . ." |
“Next time you feel lonely and everything is too much for you, don’t turn to Janet –
| ". . . please turn to me" |
“please turn to me.”
| Ieuan hugs her . . . |
Ieuan appreciates the offer and gives her a hug. We can see that this is being witnessed by Kelly from inside the van;
| . . . and Kelly jumps to yet another conclusion |
she is definitely worried now.
No comments:
Post a Comment