23 September 2026

22 September 2026

 

Eil leaves Tamed

Eileen comes out of the door of Tamed and crosses the road;  

"Every child in that school has nits"

she meets Dani and Iolo on the other side, asking them, “Have you got the little critters as well?   Every child in that school has nits.”

"I haven't head anything"

Dani replies that she has not heard anything, 

"They haven't put it on the app"

so Eileen continues, “No, but they haven’t put it on the app – I’ve organised to see the new deputy in the Deri to discuss this lack of communication – and I expect you to be there.”

Iolo has work to do

They make excuses that they have things to do, and Iolo has a backlog of work, with Dani commenting, "We know why that is!   

"Four o'clock in the Deri Arms!"

Eileen is unmoved;  “Four o’clock in the Deri Arms – see you there – don’t be late!”

"How does your father put up with her?"

Dani asks Iolo, “How does your father put up with her?”   He replies that it explains why his father has been away for so long.



However, when Eileen returns to the shop flat,  she finds that Siôn is back and his overjoyed to see him.   

He is uncomplimentary about Transport for Wales

He complains that the train company forced him to change trains twice and there was no coffee trolley on any train.   “I haven’t had a cup of tea, let alone lunch.”   Eileen will make something for him now – something healthy.

"Hi"s neighbour is sleeping an eye on him

She asks how Uncle Cyril was and Siôn answers that he was surprisingly well.   His neighbour is keeping an eye on him;  “Mind you, she plies him with cakes,” 

"I hope you haven't eaten too many"

so Eileen hopes that he has not eaten too many as he has a cholesterol test before long.

Siôn insists that he stuck to a balanced diet;  he knows how important it is to keep fit.  

"We know a good way of doing that"

“And we know a good way of doing that, so . . .” he adds, suggestively.

"Sioned wants to see me . . ."

Just then, Eileen’s phone sounds and she finds that Sioned wants to see her.   

". . . I hope she's seen sense"

“I won’t be long – I want to know if I’ll have to face a court case – it’s a long story – I hope she’s seen sense.”

Siôn does not like what he sees on the front page

Siôn looks down at a copy of the Western Post and is rather concern to find that he features on the front page, under a headline which reads, ‘Local Councillor Raises Money to Save Chapel’.

"I thought you got this at primary school"

“I thought nits were something you got at primary school, not crèche,” says Mathew, as Sioned is combing through his hair, to find any evidence of them.   

"It's passes between brothers and sisters"

She predicts that they may have passed between brothers and sisters.

“Well, is there anything?” he demands, but she is having difficulty seeing in this light, but then she appears to find something, which she removes.

"Look – another white hair!"

“Look, another white hair!” she exclaims, so he describes her as a ‘wombat’.   

"The nits have arrived, have they?"

There is a knock at the door and Eileen comes in, assuming that the nits have arrived there as well, 

"No, he's all clear"

but Sioned reports that he is all clear.

"We're happy to accept £40,000"

“We’ve reached a decision on your offer,” she announces, “We’re happy to compromise and accept the £40,000 – although it’s nowhere near what I deserve, at least I’ll get some of what is mine.”

"It's a lot of money"

Her mother once again points out that £40,000 is a lot of money, but Sioned simply wants to know when the money will be in their account.   “I’ll transfer it later.   Does that mean I can see the children now?   I’ve missed them.”

"You're welcome to babysit"

Sioned and Matthew want to go out tonight, so Eileen is welcome to babysit, something which she would love to do.   

Eileen leaves

Sioned turns to Mathew after her mother has gone, 

Sioned is triumphant

very pleased that, “There’s £40,000 on the way and we’ve got a free babysitter.   That’s a reason to celebrate.”

Diane visits Brynawelon 

Diane visits Brynawelon, where Dai is sitting in an armchair, still wearing his cap;  she has brought some more clothes for him.   

"Have you brought my blue slippers?"

He remarks that she has been a stranger lately and asks if she has bought his blue slippers, as he cannot stand these ones.   

"These are your best ones"

She points out that the ones he is wearing are his best ones, then is about to leave again.

"We can't carry on like this"

“Diane, both of us have overreacted – we can’t carry on like this.   Everyone’s forgotten the business with Iolo except you – why can’t we just move on and I can come home to live?”

"Is that all you've got to say?"

“Is that all you’ve got to say?   After weeks in here, you still don’t know what you’ve done wrong?” she demands.

"What are you talking about, woman?"

“What are you talking about, woman?” is his retort.

“Respect, Dai!   I want respect from you.”   

"I show you respect – you're my wife!"

He answers that she wants blood from a stone;  “For goodness sake, I show you respect – you’re my wife!”

He gets up from his chair and is now going to the conservatory, 

"The Whist Drive is starting in a minute"

as he tells Diane the Whist Drive is starting in a minute.

"Do you have the little visitors yet?"

As they come into the Deri, Eileen asks Iolo whether he has any of the ‘little visitors’ yet;  he does not think so, 

"Do you want me to check?"

so Dani volunteers to check for him.   He does not believe that nits like short hair, but Dani replies, “I don’t think they’re fussy – they’re nits.”

"Mr Morgan Hughes"

Then Mr Morgan Hughes, the new deputy head, 

Iolo is aghast

comes in and is introduced to Eileen Probert.   She in turn is about to introduce him to Dani, but he calls her, “Viv.”

“So you’re the new deputy, then?” says Dani.

"Nice to see you again, Vince"

“Yes, if that’s all right with you – nice to see you again, Vince,” but Eileen interrupts that he must have misunderstood, as this is Iolo.

"Vince is his middle name"

Dani further complicates matters by maintaining that Vince is his middle name.   Eileen insists that they have a lot to discuss.

"It's like a blinkin' igloo!"

Later, at Brynawelon, Dai is back in his seat, complaining, “Is the thermostat on the blink or what?   It’s like a blinkin’ igloo.”   

Diane comes back in, after having visited Anita.   “Did you get any sense out of her, poor thing?” he asks.   

"More than I get out of you"

“More that I get out of you,” she grumbles, “I obviously have to be more direct with you – I want you to understand that what you said in the Deri hurt me to the core.   

"Here we go again!"

“And the fact that you did it in public made it so much worse.   

"I've had enough"

“I’ve had enough.”

"Dumping me here is a punishment"

“Oh, I see,” he replies, “Dumping me in here is a punishment.”   She reminds him that he was the one who offered to stay there, 

"I don['t remember you begging me to stay"

so he goes on, “I don’t remember you begging me to stay.”

"Perhaps you should stay here longer"

On the other hand, she maintains, “Perhaps you should stay longer – it’s an opportunity for you to think more deeply.”

“Yeah, why not?   If that’s what you want,” Dai snarls, “I’ll stay for ever, amen!   And, while you’re at it, throw the key away! 

"Are you still here?"

“Are you still here?   If you don’t mind, there’s a quiz starting on the telly in a minute – I’d like some peace to watch it.”   

Diane leaves

Diane picks up her bag and leaves without a further word.

"The parents have been having big problems"

Eileen is berating Morgan;  “The parents have been having big problems with the school app.”

"It's lucky Iolo is here to help . . ."

“Well, it’s lucky that Iolo is here to help,” replies Morgan;  

". . . CEO of a tech start-up"

Iolo looks very troubled as he goes on, “Iolo is the CEO of a tech start-up, if I remember correctly.”

"Iolo's a plumber!"

Eileen cannot understand this, and sneers, “Iolo’s a plumber – he doesn’t understand anything about apps!”

"Lived in Australia and does ultra-marathons"

Morgan says that he must have got Iolo confused with someone else;  “Someone who lived in Australia and runs ultra-marathons.”   

"You must have a doppelgänger"

Dani remarks that Iolo must have a doppelgänger.

"The app must be fixed"

All that Eileen is worried about is that the problem with the app is fixed, because clear communication is vital important.   

"Clear and honest communication"

Morgan agrees wholeheartedly with that;  “Clear and honest communication is fundamental, isn’t it?” as he looks directly at Iolo.   He will sort out the problem as soon as possible.

"I'm on the board of governors"

Eileen was pleased to hear about his appointment, “Because, you might not know this, but I’m on the board of governors.”   

"Why not wait until the next meeting?"

He wonders why she did not wait until the next governors’ meeting in that case and she says that she believed that it was an urgent matter – a public health issue.

"I"m babysitting my grandchildren"

She will now bring this meeting to an end;  “I’m babysitting my grandson and granddaughter tonight.

"Sorry for the confusion"

Dani will return to her cleaning shift, leaving Morgan and Iolo looking at each other;  Iolo apologises for the confusion.  

"The lies, you mean?"

“The lies, you mean?” points out Morgan.   Iolo maintains that it was supposed to be a bit of harmless fun, but is told, “I think you have some explaining to do.”

We see the twins

Eileen is looking after the twins and asks Sioned where they are going;  

"Just to the Deri"

“Just to the Deri – we are looking forward to it.”   Her mother predicts that she and the twins are going to have a lot of fun.

"Have you transferred the money?"

“Did you have a chance to transfer the money?” Sioned asks, but Eileen says that she has not stopped all day and will do it later.   

Eileen might look in the old boxes"

She might take a look through those old boxes as well while they are out.   Sioned and Mathew are just about to leave, 

"Sorry I'm late"

when Siôn rushes in, apologising for being late.

"I'm sure Britt is avoiding me"

He has been trying to contact Britt and is sure that she is avoiding his calls, 

"Don't worry about Britt now"

but she tells him, “Don’t worry about Britt now – 

Jac and Lili are playing happily

“right, children, do you want to play with Grandad Siôn?”

"Greta's your daughter, then"?"

“Greta Davies-White is your daughter, then?” observes Morgan, “She’s a good pupil – very polite.”

"Unlike her father, you mean"

“Unlike her father, you mean.”   He asks if Iolo has a partner and he replies that he does not.   

"T least you were honest about something"

“At least you were honest about something.   I had better go – 

"I have a nits epidermis to sort out!"

“I have an app and a nits epidemic to sort out!   Welcome to Cwmderi.”

Dani wants to hear all about it

Iolo is looking very sheepish when Dani returns, assuring him that it is not that bad.   “Isn’t it?   He thinks I’m an absolute weirdo, Dani, 

"It's your fault!"

“and it’s your fault – you came up with that stupid name!”   

"I didn't know he was the deputy head"

She reminds him that she did not know he was the new deputy head, did she?

"How can I take Greta to school now?"

“It’s not funny – how am I supposed to take Greta to school now?   You’ll have to take her.”

Then Dani notices that Morgan has left his coat behind 

"Take it to school tomorrow"

and suggests, “Take it to the school tomorrow – it’s something to talk about,” but Iolo does not want to do that.

Dani checks for wildlife

He scratches his head and Dani examines it to see if he has any insect life.  

"Today is the worst day of my life!"

He gathers from her reaction that he is infested;  “I knew it!   Today is the worst day of my life!” he wails.

"I'm only pulling your leg!"

“Chill, Iolo, I’m only pulling your leg,” she laughs.

"I want to talk to Britt about the article"

Siôn has checked Britt’s Facebook page, but there is nothing to say that she is away, although MFC is closed;  “I just want to talk to her about the article.”

"Sioned will be after my blood"

Eileen is concerned that she has to transfer the money to Sioned now, “Or she will be after my blood when she gets back!”   She has noticed that the recycling bin is full, so instructs Siôn to empty it.   

"It's a nice house"

He remarks that it is a nice house, which will be even nicer when they get things in order.

Every time something is thrown away . . .

Predictably, he manages to spill some of the items from the recycling bin, 

. . . someone else finds it

with Eileen picking up the book with the attempted signatures.   

Eileen recognises its significance 

She immediately realises what this means.

"We can afford a nice birthday party"

Meanwhile in the Deri, Sioned is glad that they can afford a nice birthday party for the children now;  “We could hire that soft play place in Carmarthen.”   

"They would love that"

Mathew is sure that the children would love it.   “I’d better invite Dai and Diane as well – they barely see the children nowadays,” adds Sioned.

"Are you going to order the Pavlova?"

Mathew wonders if she is going to order the Pavlova;  

"I'm about to burst!"

Sioned protests that she is about to burst, but tells him to carry on.

Eileen appears

Then the door opens and trouble appears in the form of Eileen, who places  the book in front of Sioned, 

"Don't try to deny it!"

demanding, “What have you got to say?   Don’t try to deny it – you forged your father’s will in order to steal £100,000 from me!”

"How did you reach that conclusion, Sherlock?"

Sioned simply laughs at her;  “How did you reach that conclusion, Sherlock?”

"That's the evidence!"

“That’s the evidence – you forged the second will!” her mother rages.   Mathew proposes that they should go home, but Sioned will not hear of it.

"My conscience is clear . . ."

“My conscience is clear – I’ve got nothing to hide, Mam – 

". . . these bits of paper don't prove anything"

“and these bits of paper don’t prove anything.”

"You were always a spiteful cow!"

“I really thought you’d changed – but you haven’t changed at all, have you?” Eileen snarls, “You were always a spiteful cow – but you’re scraping the bottom of the barrel with this, good girl!   

"What's wrong with you?"

“To think, I was about to transfer £40,000 to you, on top of all the thousands I’ve given you over the years – and you were going to let me do it!   What’s wrong with you?”

Things escalate

Sioned squares up to her mother;  “It’s my inheritance from Dad, anyway.”

"He didn't sign it . . .`'

Eileen reminds her that he did not sign it, 

". . . he knew you couldn't be trusted"

“as he knew she could not be trusted.   “He knew his own daughter exactly like I know you – and I know that you signed it.”

"That's not true"

Sioned still insists that is not true, so her mother continues, 

"Nothing compares with this"

“Of all the awful things you’ve done over the years, nothing compares with this!   Trying to steal from your own family.    

"Your father would be turning in his grave"

“Your father would be turning in his grave if he knew.”

"You've always been a cow as well!"

Not to be outdone, Sioned rages. “Do you know what?   You’ve always been a cow as well,” 

She aims her drink . . .

then throws her drink 

. . . squarely at her mother . . .

over her mother,

. .  . shocking the witnesses

much to the shock of the onlookers.

Eileen responds in similar style

Eileen in turn grabs Mathew’s drink and returns the favour, 

"This is fraud!"

growling, “This is fraud!   I’ll see you in court!   

"Diane is vacuuming . . .

Diane is vacuuming, with her trusty ‘Henry’.   

. . . when she comes across Dai's blue slippers  . . .
 
She moves Dai’s chair, finding underneath it his blue slippers;  

. . . and kicks them across the room . . .

in a fury, she kicks them across the room, 

. . . before resuming the job

then resumes her task.

Mathew brings Sioned a cup of tea

Back at number 10, Mathew brings Sioned a cup of tea, to warm her up after the experience.   

"She won't get away with this!"

“She won’t get away with this!” Sioned declares, 

"You were the one who was caught out"

but Mathew points out that she was the one who was caught out, not her mother.

She blames Mathew 

“Yes, because you forgot to take the recycling out!”   Mathew accuses her of merely deflecting, 

"I hope she was speaking in anger"

and hopes that Eileen was speaking in anger when she threatened to report Sioned.

She will ban Eileen from seeing the children

“Well, if she does report me, I’ll make sure that the children don’t know they have a grandmother!” threatens Sioned.

"Why don't you just apologise?"

He suggests that she should just apologise to her mother and explain.   

"No – not after what she did!"

Sioned is adamant, “No, not after what she did to me tonight.”

"Did I leave my coat here?"

Morgan comes into the Deri, asking whether he left his coat there.   

Dani hands it to him

Dani who is now working behind the bar, hands it to him and apologises that Iolo did not know that she was going to change his name at Tan y Garreg.   

"He was shy"

“He was just shy and needed a nudge,” she explains.

"He didn't look shy to me"

He did not appear to be shy to Morgan, 

"Iolo's one of the nicest guys I know"

so Dani continues, “Iolo is one of the nicest guys I know and you’d get on great.   

"How is Cwmderi treating you?"

“Anyway, how is Cwmderi treating you?”

He replies that he has not had much of a chance to do anything except work yet, so she reveals that he missed a massive showdown in there earlier.   

"Why don't you come over for lunch tomorrow?"

“Why don’t you come over for lunch tomorrow?   I’ll tell you everything.   Please, let me say sorry for this mess.   

"You still need friends, don't you?"

“I know you’re a deputy head, but you still need friends, don’t you?”

He says that he has a PPA tomorrow – he will be working from home.   She insists that he has no excuse in that case, 

"We can't discuss apps or nits"

but specifies, “We can’t discuss apps or nits.”   

"I'll see you tomorrow"

He agrees that he will see her tomorrow.

Eileen closes the fridge

As Eileen closes the door of her fridge, Mathew arrives at the shop flat.   

"I'm worried"

“I need to talk to you,” he begins, “Because I’m worried.”

"And so you should be"

“You should be worried, because I’m struggling to think why I shouldn’t report Sioned to the police at the moment,” Eileen replies.

    "What about the children?"

“All right – what about the children?   What happens to the children if their mother is in jail?”

"She has to learn her lesson"

Eileen is adamant that Sioned has to learn her lesson;  “She can’t live her life like this – you must be able to see that.”

"You don't really want her to go back to jail?"

“You don’t really want Sioned to go back to jail, do you?   Look – I’m not here to make excuses.   She’d kill me if she knew I was here, 

"She's threatening to stop you seeing the children"

“but I have to warn you that she’s threatening to stop seeing the children if you report her.”

"That's not the first time|"

Eileen sneers, “It isn’t the first time she’s used the children to get what she wants,” but Matthew points out that she is serious this time.

"The children shouldn't pay the price"

“No matter how bad what Sioned did is, the children shouldn’t pay the price.”   

That makes Eileen think

This has given Eileen something to think about.

No comments: