30 September 2026

29 September 2026

"If you can let me know . . ."

Eleri walks into her flat, speaking rather abruptly to someone on the phone;  “If you could let me know when there’s news, that would be great.”

Garry is sitting there

Then she turns round to find Garry sitting on the sofa;  

"What the hell are you doing here?"

“What the hell are you doing here?”   He complains that is not a nice welcome home, 

"This is not your home"

but she points out, “This is not your home!"

"Come on, Ler"

“Come on, Ler – we’ve got business to discuss,” he says, but she objects to him calling her that, insisting that it is his fault that everything in her life has gone wrong recently.

“Why aren’t you at Brynawelon?” Garry wants to know, 

"Just leave me alone!"

but she just wants him to leave her alone.   

"I thought I could trust you"

“I thought I could trust you to keep an eye on the place,” he adds.

"I thought I could trust you to get rid of Kyle"

“And I thought I could trust you to get rid of Kyle!” she snarls.

He imagines that she was just talking to the hospital;  

"You've heard the latest, then?"

“So you’ve heard the latest, then?”   

"They wouldn't tell me anything"

She protests that the hospital would not tell her anything and wonders what he has heard.

"Brynmor was discharged an hour ago"

“Brynmor was discharged about an hour ago – it might be an idea to get your story straight, because I’m sure he’s got a lot of questions for you – about Kyle.”   Eleri has already picked up her coat and is on her way out of the flat.

Brynmor has been eating part of his breakfast

At the Deri flat, Brynmor has eaten part of the breakfast which Kath gave to him, 

"You haven't touched your beans"

and she complains, “You haven’t touched your beans.”   

"The eggs were very nice"

He replies that he ate the eggs and very nice they were too.   He thanks her for looking after him like this, especially after everything.   She is just glad that they understand each other now.

"Is there beans on toast from me?"

Then Eleri bursts in;  “Ooh, is there beans on toast for me as well?” she comments, “Although I shouldn’t, with those carbs.”   Her father tells her he does not want to do this now.

"He knows exactly what you did!"

“Please, stop pretending – he knows exactly what you did!” Kath growls, 

"You let him there half-dead"

“You left him there half-dead and stopped Jinx phoning for an ambulance!”

"And what did he do to me?"

Eleri counters with, “And what did he do to me?   He tried to force me to go back to New York and Kyle – and we all know now how dangerous he is.   Has Dad admitted that yet?”

"You brought Kyle into your life" 

“Listen, you brought Kyle into your life, no-one else,” Kath reminds her;  

"Can you leave us alone for a while?"

Brynmor would simply like his daughter to leave them alone for a while

"Not until I explain about Kyle"

“Not until I explain about Kyle – there are things you need to know,” insists Eleri, but Kath interrupts to point out she had no interest in saving her father’s life, 

"Get out of the flat now!"

and should get out of the flat now.

Eleri takes no notice, but continues, “What are you going to tell the police?”   

"That's all you care about!"

Kath rages that is all Eleri cares about, but she goes on, “Please don’t do anything until I get a chance to explain.”

Brynmor agrees that they will have a chat about this when he is stronger.   

Kath takes away the tray

He hands the tray to Kath who takes it to the sink, 

"Come back when Kath's working"

while he whispers to his daughter, “Come back in a few hours when Kath’s working, OK?”

Siôn is packing a bag

Siôn is packing a few things into a case 

"What are you doing?"

and Eileen asks him what he is doing;  

"The police are bound to call"

“The police are bound to call, so at least I’ll be ready for them,” he replies.   She is of the opinion that he is jumping to conclusions here, but he argues, “I know what I’d do if someone had stolen from me – and you know how loyal Kelly is to Anita.”

In comes Garry

At that moment, Garry walks in, uninvited;  

"Did you follow orders?"

“I just wanted to make sure that you followed your orders yesterday,” he tells Siôn, “That the chapel hasn’t hit its target.”

"I've told Anita's family everything"

Siôn answers that it has not, “But I wanted to tell you, I’ve told Anita’s family everything, so it’s in their hands.   Garry had not been expecting that 

"That's a plot twist!"

and describes it as a plot twist, suspecting that Siôn had a guilty conscience.

Eileen interrupts, “What do you know about a conscience?”

"Siôn White on his way to prison"

“Well, who would have thought it?” laughs Garry, “Siôn White on the way to prison – and me on my way to the Chapel’s big seat.   All I can say is Amen.”  

They hug each other

As he leaves the flat, Siôn and Eileen hug each other.

"Siôn was under pressure"

Meanwhile at number 7, Ieuan tells Kelly, “I do understand, you know, that Siôn was under pressure to pay for Cai to stay in a private hospital.”

"You're not serious?"

Kelly does not agree;  “You’re not actually serious right now, are you?   He’s just saying that!”   

"It puts pressure on families"

Ieuan does not think so;  they know how expensive care costs are and that it puts pressure on families.

"He always worms his way out . . ."

Kelly maintains that Siôn simply has the gift of the gab, which means he always worms his way out of situations;  

". . . but not this time!"

“But not this time, OK?   If Auntie Neet agrees, I’m going to the cops!”

"Consider this sensibly"

Ieuan urges her to consider this sensibly, insisting that they should reach an agreement together.   Kelly is adamant that this should include Auntie Neet’s input, but he points out that she is not capable of that.    

Kelly is determined

Kelly still wants to try and walks out of the house.

Sioned moans

At number 10, Sioned is complaining, “You need to tell Rhys the landlord that we’re still waiting for him to sort the shower door because it's hanging off the hinges.”

"I've fixed the door now"

Mathew would like her to stop calling him ‘Rhys the landlord,’ also pointing out that he has fixed the door now.   

"We're living in a shoebox, Math"

Next she moans, “We’re living in a shoebox, Math.”

"Why don't you go for a walk?"

Mathew suggest that perhaps she should go out for a walk and get some fresh air;  

"With everyone talking about me and Mam?"

“What?   With everyone talking about me and Mam?”

He predicts that people will be talking about something else by now, then there is a knock at the door and Sioned hopes that it is Rhys the landlord.

Sioned escapes . . . 

However, it is her mother, so Sioned hurries 

. . . into the kitchen

to hide herself in the kitchen.   

"I won't take legal action"

“I’m here to say I won’t be taking legal action against Sioned” she says, “And I’ve come to that decision for the sake of the children.”   

Mathew thanks her

Mathew thanks for that, but she has more to say.   

"Sioned is banned from Tamed"

“Sioned is banned from Tamed – just so she knows, I don’t want her anywhere near the building!”   

Off she goes again

Having said her piece, she turns and leaves the house

"Don't say a word`'

Sioned demands, “Don’t say a word – I heard everything.”   

"At least there will be no charges"

Mathew points out that at least there will be no charges against her now, which is good news.

"She''s still won, Math!"

“Good news?   She’s still won, Math!   And we’re still skint – 

"And we're living in a hovel!"

and we’re living in a hovel!”

"You like soup, don't you?"

Kelly is visiting Anita at Brynawelon;  “Siwsi said that you had tomato soup for lunch – you like soup, don’t you, Auntie Neet?”   She replies that she does.

"About Siôn"

“Listen, now,” Kelly goes on, “There’s something I need to discuss with you – about Siôn and something Siôn’s done.”   

"Is he a friend of Kevin's?"

Anita does not seem to remember Siôn, asking if he is a friend of Kevin’s.

"No, Siôn White, do you remember?"

“No, Siôn White, do you remember, you used to . . ?”   

"You mean Colin"

Anita thinks that she means Colin, 

"Will you tell them I don't want lunch?"

then asks, “Will you tell them, Kell – I don’t want lunch – I don’t like poppadoms, 

"Thy hurt my throat"

“they hurt my throat.   What’s wrong with you?”

Kelly assures her that nothing is wrong, 

"I'm just really happy to see you"

but that she is just really happy to see her aunt, 

Anita gives her a hug

who gives her a hug.

"I don't want Kath dragged into this"

Eleri has sneaked up to the Deri flat without Kath seeing her;  “Listen, I don’t want to drag her into this Kyle business,” says Brynmor, “ It’s just between us, OK?”

"You don't have to worry about him any more"

She is sure that they do not have to worry about Kyle any more, certain that he will not be a problem from now on.   

"I wouldn't have gone to the police"

Brynmor points out that he would not have gone to the police;  

"You have enough sense not to do that"

she thought that he had enough sense to know that.

“I tried my best to do everything as quickly as I could – I didn’t want to see you suffer, 

"I had to take the chance"

“but I had to take the chance to blackmail him so that he’d leave us alone, instead of having him arrested for assaulting you.   You do understand that, don’t you?”

"We should have found another way"

“We should have found another way to sort Kyle out instead of doing exactly what he wanted,” says Brynmor, 

Kath is lurking

unaware that Kath is lurking just outside the door.   “You know, I just panicked,” he continues, 

"Do you think you can forgive me?

“Do you think you can forgive "me?”

"Why are you asking her to forgive you?"

Kath comes in;  “Why are you asking her to forgive you?”

"I thought you might like a lift"

Ieuan also arrives at Brynawelon, thinking that Kelly might like a lift home;  

"I'll bring the laptop later"

he greets Anita and tells her that he will be back later and he will bring the laptop so they can dance to a bit of Abba.   

"Dancing Queen!"

“Dancing Queen!” says Anita, as he jokes that he will be in his sequins.   

"I'll see you later"

He will see her later.

"There's no point involving Auntie Neet"

As they leave, Kelly says, “You were right – there’s no point involving Auntie Neet – and I think it would be too stressful to go to the cops.”

"I've been thinking of a way to punish Siôn"

Ieuan has been thinking of a way to punish Siôn without involving the police – they will have a chat in the car.

"Kath, you should be thanking Eleri"

Brynmor is telling Kath that they should be thanking Eleri;  “It’s true – she’s saved us all – released us from the grip of that psychopath!”

"She left you there dying!"

Kath does not agree;  “So we should forget about her leaving you there dying?”   

"She had a chance to get rid of him"

He insists that she had the chance to get rid of him, stressing that Kyle is off his head, and now they are all safe.

"There's no guarantee he won't come back"

“Yes, but there’s no guarantee he won't come back, is there?” demands Kath.

As far as Eleri is concerned, he will not be coming back;  they have not reported him for assaulting her father and they are ‘quits’.   

"He can not go to prison"

“He can live his life and not go to prison!” she stresses.

“And we forget all that nonsense about you having to go back to New York?” rages Kath.   Eleri is convinced that he knows there is nothing between them any more.

"I would probably have done the same"

Brynmor intervenes to say that he would probably have done exactly the same in Eleri’s shoes.   

"There's something wrong with you!"

“Well, if you think that, good boy, there’s something wrong with you,” decides Kath, who walks out of the room.

Brynmor thinks that she will come round, but as Eleri is about to leave, 

Brynmor wants to talk about something else

he says that there is something he would like to discuss with her.

"We've come to a decision"

Kelly and Ieuan have gone to confront Siôn;  “OK, we’ve come to a decision about what you did to Auntie Neet,” Kelly begins, “Which is disgusting, quite frankly.”

"There are conditions"

Ieuan continues that they are not going to the police, but there are conditions;  Siôn has to pay back the rent.   

"Which you stole!"

Which you stole!” Kelly mutters, “With interest!” 

"Diane cannot know about this"

Ieuan stipulates that Diane cannot know about any of this – “She is Anita’s power-of-attorney.”

"I don't know how to thank you"

Siôn says he does not know how to thank them, but is warned by Kelly to save the speeches;  “We’re doing this for Auntie Neet.   

"You're a lucky boy!"

“You know – you’re a lucky boy – don’t forget that!”   

He suspects some heavenly help

As they leave, Siôn looks upward in gratitude.

"I'd do anything for a new start"

As they sit at the table in the Deri flat, Brynmor says that he would do anything to start over again with Eleri – a fresh start.   

"That's not going to happen"

She replies that it sounds nice, but it is not going to happen, after the way he has treated her since bringing her to Cwmderi.   “You must think I’m stupid.”

"I want to make up for that"

He is insistent that he wants to make up for that, with Kyle now out of the picture.   “He might be out of the picture, but I’ve lost a great deal because of this, “Eleri growls, 

"I can't play Happy Families"

“I’m sorry, but I can’t play happy families.”

"Before you start exorcising the place"

Kath comes back into the room;  “Don’t worry, I’m leaving, before you start exorcising the place,” 

"Better if we stay away from each other"

says Eleri, then turns to her father;  “I think it would be better if we stay away from each other.”

Sioned is still sitting there

Sioned is sitting on the sofa, looking very sorry for herself, when Mathew comes in;  

"You're still hiding in here?"

“You’re still hiding in here, then?” he remarks.   She wants to know what Rhys said and when he is coming to fix the shower.

"Cooking apples"

He has brought home a bag of cooking apples, “From the tree of a bloke  I’ve just done a job for – there were hundreds there.”

"Is this the Little House on the Prairie?"

Siôn moans, “Sorry – am I living in the Little House on the Prairie or what?”   

"It would be nice to make a crumble"

He suggests that it would be nice to make a crumble for the kids.

"I don't want to make a crumble!"
“Crumble?   Math, I don’t want to make a crumble – I want Rhys to come and fix that blinkin’ shower!   

"I want our own orchard"

“And I want us to have enough land to have our own apple orchard.”

Just then, something is posted through the letterbox and she gets up to see what it is.   

Something comes through the door

Opening the envelope, she finds two £20 notes, 

£40 plus a message

with the message, ‘Winter coats for the children’.

"That woman's got a cheek!"

Sioned is furious;  “Oh, that woman’s got a cheek!” she snarls, throws down the envelope 

Mathew hurries after her

and storms out of the house.   

"A rich old cow throwing scraps, is it?"

With Mathew following her, she goes immediately to Tamed and bursts in.   “A rich old cow throwing scraps to her poor little girl now, is it?” she snarls.

"Don't start again"

Eileen warns her not to start again, 

"Stuff you and your money!"

but is told in no uncertain terms, “I don’t want anything from you – stuff you and your money!”

"Come on, Sioned"

Eileen reminds her that she is banned from the shop;  as Matthew attempts to escort her out, 

"You enjoy seeing me with nothing!"

she continues, “Do you want anything else from me?   You enjoy seeing me with nothing, don’t you?   So, take this . . .”   She takes off her cardigan and flings it at her mother.

"What about the shirt off my back as well?"

“What about the shirt off my back as well?” she shouts and is about to remove her shirt, 

Mathew restrains her

but Mathew manages to bundle her out of the door before she can do that, 

That is a shoe flying through the air

with only one of Sioned’s shoes being thrown at her mother.

"The police haven't called yet, then?"

Siôn walks into Cysgod y Glyn, where Garry is in the process of making a cup of tea;  he asks, “The police haven’t called yet, then?”

"No – and they won't be, either"

“No – and they won’t be, either – Kelly and Griffiths have forgiven me – and they’ve had all the money back as well,” Siôn rather jubilantly informs him.

"You won't be getting the chapel . . ."

Seeing the chapel plans on the table, Siôn adds, “Oh, by the way, you won’t be getting the chapel – 

". . . we've hit the target – every single penny!"

“we’ve hit the target for the deposit – and all the renovation work – every single penny.   Do you want to know who made the last contribution?   

"It was from me!"

“Because it wasn’t Eileen – it was me!   From the profits of selling Morawel – 

"Yo have no power over me, Garry"

“so you have no power over me any more, Garry – no power over anything.”

"What about the kiss in the chapel?"

“What about the kiss with Britt in the chapel?” Garry replies, “What would Eileen say – or Colin?”

"Is that all you've got?"

Siôn laughs at this;  “Is that all you’ve got?   One innocent kiss in the big seat?   Would you do that to your sister?   

"You really are pathetic, Garry"

“You really are pathetic, Garry.   

"I'll let myself out"

“I’ll let myself out.”

Garry is speechless

Garry looks extremely deflated.

Sioned is tidying

Sioned is picking up toys, but is told by Matthew to let him do it.   

"Every chance she gets . . ."

She sits down beside him on the sofa, complaining, “Every chance that woman gets, she makes a fool of me.   She enjoys seeing me suffer, I’m telling you.”

"We don't even know it was Eileen"

Mathew attempts to reason with her;  “To be fair, we don’t even know if Eileen gave us the money,” 

"Of course it was!"

but Sioned is quite sure of that.

"When we have enough money . . ."

“Do you know what?   When you and I have enough money, we’ll be able to stand on our own two feet – and will never have to ask her for a penny!”

"Sioned, stop!"

“Sioned, stop!” exclaims Mathew, “Why does everything always have to be about money?   You always want more and more.   

"I didn't like what I saw"

“Why can’t you just be happy with what we’ve got?   You went too far today – and I didn’t like what I saw.

"You've forgotten what's important"

“Look, I know that leaving Penrhewl was difficult for you, but in the middle of all this you’ve forgotten what’s important.   

"You've got the children, you've got me"

“You’ve got the children – you’ve got me, a roof over your head and your health.   Can’t you see how lucky we are?

When he looks at the note . . .

“And the children have a grandmother who just wants to be . . .”   He stops abruptly there, as he looks at the card which came through the door.   

. . . he recognises the writing 

“This is Diane’s writing – 

"It's Diane's writing"

“I recognise it from her days at APD.”   Sioned is horrified.

Garry is seething with anger

Garry does not like being thwarted and is in a furious mood;  

He looks at the plans for Bethania . . .

he sits at the table and looks at the plans for Bethania, 

. . . and tears them . . .

then proceeds to tear them 

. . . to shreds

into pieces.

No comments: