| Sioned looks around |
Sioned is taking one final look around the farmhouse kitchen
| Howard comes in |
as Howard comes in to pick up the last box.
| "Concentrate on the twins' room" |
Mathew advises that the van is almost full, and Sioned wants Howard to prioritise Jac’s and Lili’s bedroom;
| "I want to set up ready for tonight" |
“I wanted to set up ready for tonight.”
| "We will be happy in the village" |
Then she turns to Mathew, who tries to reassure her that they will be happy in the village,
| He hugs Sioned |
but she is dubious about that, so he gives her a hug.
| "You should cheer up Kelly" |
In Ceffyl Du, Hywel is recommending that Rhys should try to do something to cheer up Kelly, but he insists that she is all right.
| "She was like a black cloud over breakfast" |
“All right? She was like a black cloud over breakfast – even Esther noticed,” says Hywel.
| "Why are you so concerned about Kelly?" |
Rhys reiterates that she is worried about Anita, adding, “Why are you so concerned about Kelly all of a sudden?” His father replies that he is just showing an interest in his son’s love life.
| "Anyone for cookies?" |
Siwsi comes in with a box of cookies, the coconut and honey ones,
| "They're lovely" |
which Hywel says are lovely, wondering if there are enough for Esther to have some.
| "You're flirting" |
Rhys looks suspiciously at his father; “What are you doing, Dad? I recognise the signs – you’re flirting.”
| "You'll have to get used to it" |
Hywel maintain that if his second date with Siwsi goes well, Rhys will have to get used to it.
| "I don't want to think about that!" |
“I don’t want to think about that!” Rhys exclaims.
| "I'll keep my nose out and . . . " |
“All right, I’ll keep my nose out of your love life and you can do the same with me, OK?”
| Where have all those donations come from? |
Britt and Colin come out of the door of Bethania, where the totaliser notice has surprisingly reached the three quarter mark. “I’ve put a couple of cheese rolls in your hand luggage,” Britt tells him, “Food’s so expensive in the airport.
| "I may have hit the target" |
“Perhaps by the time you come back, I will have hit the target,” she goes on, optimistically.
| "He'll soon be a grandfather" |
Then Howard meets them and is told by Britt, “He’ll be a grandfather the next time you see him!”
| "Flying is much too dangerous" |
Howard wishes him good luck with the flights; “I’ve never flown – much too dangerous – I prefer to keep my feet on the ground.”
| "What's going on at Penrhewl, then?" |
Britt assumes that he is helping Sioned and Mathew move into number 10; “What’s going on at Penrhewl, then? It must have been major if Sioned is moving out!”
| "I don't know anything about that" |
Howard pleads ignorance and says that he has to leave because he has a lot to do, wishing Colin bon voyage.
| "Has Eileen said anything?" |
Now, Britt interrogates Colin, to find out whether Eileen has said why Sioned is leaving the farm, but he does not know the answer.
| "The taxi is almost here" |
Then he receives a message that the taxi is almost there, so he will go back to the flat to wait for it. Britt wants him to phone when he arrives and he reminds her about the time difference.
| Britt gives him a hug |
“Safe journey, and give my best to Gaynor and Lois,” she says, hugging him.
| "Things were different when I ran a brewery . . . " |
Hywel reminisces, “Things were different when I ran a brewery – ‘Cic Mul’ –
| ". . . I was a bit of a pioneer" |
“I was a bit of a pioneer. Microbreweries are like a rash all over the place these days.”
Siwsi wonders if there is anything he cannot do; “Teacher, businessman, IT wizard, DJ?”
| "I bet you're a dab hand in the kitchen" |
He replies that he is not a very good cook, but Siwsi bets that he is a dab hand in the kitchen.
“Well, Esther says that my lasagne’s all right,” he admits,
| "You could cook a meal for me some time" |
so she suggests that he could cook a meal for her some time.
| "Don't risk it – he's useless!" |
Rhys is quick to warn her, “Don’t risk it – he’s useless!”
| "Well, you've eaten it" |
When reminded that he has eaten his father’s food, he replies, “Yes – and I’m surprised that I’m still here!”
| "You're welcome to try my lasagne" |
Hywel says that she is welcome to come over and try his lasagne any time; he is sure that Esther would like that, too.
“What did I say about flirting?” remarks Rhys, so his father tells him to grow up
| Rhys is reminded he is looking after Esther |
and also remember that he is looking after Esther while his father is out with Siwsi.
| Sioned will make Howard a cup of tea |
At Penrhewl, Sioned has found the kettle so that she can make a cup of tea for Howard;
| "You deserve it after all that hard work" |
“You deserve it after all that hard work – Math is going to call into the Ceff to get our pizzas and beers for supper – you can stay, I hope?” He describes it as ‘the last supper’.
| "Sorry you didn't have a chance to say goodbye to the twins" |
“I’m sorry you didn’t have a chance to say a proper goodbye to the children, but it’s easier if they’re in the crèche today.”
| "I shall still come back to Cwmderi" |
Howard assures her that although he is moving villages, he will still come back to Cwmderi.
| "I've never been happier, Sioned" |
“Do you know what, Sioned? This place, you and those children, you’ve changed my life –honestly, I’ve never been happier than I have been here.”
| "But you'll be happy in Llangain" |
She is confident that he will be happy on that farm in Llangain; “You haven’t mentioned it much – and it’s odd that I don’t know the family,”
so he tells her they have not been there for long. “You are going to be happy there, aren’t you?” she enquires and he tries to reassure her that it will be fun, also that he has got a nice bedroom.
| "I'm glad to hear that" |
Sioned is glad to hear that,
| Is there something he is not telling her? |
but he does look somewhat gloomy.
| Hywel is ready for his 'date' |
At number 21, Hywel comes downstairs to find Kelly sitting on the sofa reading a magazine; she describes him as, “Very glam.”
| "Ieuan would never hurt Anita" |
“Kelly, you can tell me to mind my own business if you want, but you know Ieuan wouldn’t do anything to hurt Anita.”
| "Don't!" |
She tells him to stop,
| "He's heartbroken about it!" |
but Hywel continues, “He’s heartbroken about it.”
| "Where are you taking Siwsi?" |
She quickly changes the subject, asking where he is taking Siwsi;
| "There's no need to make a fuss" |
“To the Deri – there’s no need to make a fuss,” he replies.
“You really know how to spoil a woman,” she comments. Hywel wonders if she knows why Rhys has a problem with him seeing Siwsi.
| "Rhys is in a funny mood" |
She recommends that he takes no notice, as Rhys is in a funny mood.
He further asks whether things are all right between her and Rhys; “Hunky dory,” she answers.
| "Pizza and a nice bottle of red" |
Rhys comes in, announcing, “Pizza and a nice bottle of red,” so Kelly calls Esther downstairs for the pizza. Hywel will see them later.
| "I know – it's really weird" |
“Dad and Siwsi? Seriously?” says Rhys and Kelly agrees that it is really weird, but stranger things can happen.
| "I'm going to miss that hairy face" |
As they sit around the table at Penrhewl, Howard comments that they have had fun there; Mathew is going to miss seeing that hairy face every day
| "There's always a job a APD for you" |
and promises that there is always a job at APD for Howard.
| "No I'm a farmer" |
“Thanks, but no – I’m a farmer and that’s what I should be.”
| His keys are handed back |
He takes the keys from his pocket and hands them to Sioned,
| He takes some pizza for the dog |
then takes some small pieces of pizza to give Chips her dinner.
| "Poor dab" |
As Mathew clears away the pizza boxes, Sioned groans, “Poor dab.” Mathew is sure that he will be happy on the new farm.
| "This is the end of an era" |
Sioned realises that this is the end of an era; a lot has happened there.
| "I hope we can have the new start we deserve" |
“I just hope that Dad’s money means we can have the new start we deserve,”
| "We mustn't raise our hopes" |
but Mathew does not want to raise their hopes too much, pointing out that it will be a long process if they have to go to court.
| "I hope not" |
He wonders if it will actually come to that; Sioned hopes not.
| That must have been an exceedingly fast flight! |
There is a sudden shift of scene to Hostel Delia in Istanbul, where Colin arrives with his luggage.
| The receptionist is preoccupied . . . |
| . . . so Colin rings the bell |
it is not until Colin rings the bell on the counter that he realises someone is there.
| "I'm looking for someone" |
“I’m hoping that you can help me – I’m looking for someone – Lleucu Rossiter – it’s really important,”
| That 'someone' appears |
and at that moment she appears.
| Colin is very relieved to see her |
“Colin!” she exclaims; he is very relieved that he has found her.
| "What on earth are you doing here?" |
She demands what on earth he is doing there.
| Sioned locks the door . . . |
Sioned comes out of the door of the farmhouse for the last time; she locks the door
| . . . and puts the keys through the letterbox |
and posts the keys through the letterbox,
| She turns . . . |
then turns
| . . . and walks away |
to walk away from the house.
| "There's no turning back now" |
Howard and Chips are nearby as she announces, “There’s no turning back now – safe journey to you to Llangain.”
| Howard is going to take a walk in the fields |
Howard is going for a walk around the fields before he leaves.
| Sioned takes a last wistful look at the farm . . . |
Mathew and Sioned get into the car and Howard wishes them good luck.
Sioned drives the car out of the gate,
| . . . with Howard waving to them |
as Howard and Chips are watching.
| Lleucu canot believe it |
Lleucu has taken Colin up to her room, exclaiming, “I can’t believe that you came all the way here after me!”
| "I can't believe you stole my money!" |
He replies with, “I can’t believe that you stole my money – I gave you the details to buy a flight to go to visit your family –
| "Not to come to this hovel!" |
“not to come to this hovel!”
| "I'm doing what's tight for me" |
She insists that for once she is doing what is right for her and she thought that he would be more supportive. “Look at this place,” he says, “Heavens, it’s hot!” Lleucu asks if he is all right;
| "My mouth is like a camel's armpit!" |
“Yes, I’m fine – I had to lie to Britt, my mouth is like a camel’s armpit – my head is about to burst – and I’ve done it all to help someone who stole my money – so yes, I’m great!”
She insists that she did not mean to steal and will pay it back to him.
| "Please don't carry on with this scam" |
He sits down on the bed beside her; “The biggest thing I’m worried about is you – please don’t carry on with this scam.”
| "I'm going to change this nose, no matter what!" |
She is adamant that it is not a scam; “I’m going to change this nose, no matter what you say – OK? It’s an all-inclusive package, including this hotel – and the clinic and the surgery.” Colin does not entirely agree with the name ‘hotel’.
| "Have you been to this clinic?" |
When he asks if she has been to this clinic,
| "I've seen a video" |
she replies that she has not but that she has seen a video.
| "Is it cleaner than this flea pit?" |
“And what makes you think that this clinic is cleaner than this flea pit?”
| "It's supposed to be the best in Istanbul" |
Lleucu has read a lot of reviews – it is supposed to be the best in Istanbul.
| "When's this surgery?" |
He enquires when this surgery will take place; “Well, that’s the thing,” she points out,
| "They need more money" |
“It’s supposed to be tomorrow, but, well, they need more money. I tried using your card again – but you’ve cancelled it, haven’t you?”
| "Lleucu, love, what have you done?" |
“Lleucu, love,” he sighs, “What have you done?
| "I heard about your date" |
Siwsi and Hywel are sitting in the Deri when Britt comes in, commenting, “Well, well – I heard about your date.
| "Hywel Llywelyn chasing young girls – again!" |
“Who would have thought it? Hywel Llywelyn chasing young girls – again!”
Hywel asks if Colin has landed in Thailand yet; she does not know that, predicting that he is still in the clouds, “But he said he would phone tomorrow.
| "The flat feels empty without him" |
“That’s why I’m here – the flat feels empty without him, so I thought I’d find a bit of company in the Deri.”
| "Sorry about that" |
Hywel apologises for that interruption, but Siwsi is rather intrigued;
| "Young girls, is it?" |
“Young girls, is it? Don’t worry, I won’t hold what you did years ago against you. Sorry, I didn’t mean years and years ago.”
| "I do feel older" |
He acknowledges that he does feel older.
| "If you start moaning about your back . . ." |
“If you start moaning about your back and young people these days, I’ll have to go home,” she jokes.
When he suggests some dessert, or cheese, she would rather have another drink;
| "Next time, you're cooking for me" |
“And if there is a next time, you’re cooking for me.” He reluctantly agrees.
| "The price is very reasonable" |
Back in Turkey, Lleucu maintains that the price is very reasonable for what they are offering; “Do you want me to show you the reviews?”
| "Have you eaten?" |
Colin enquires, “Have you eaten? Mam-gu Mwnt always said that any crisis got better on a full stomach.”
| She is given a cheese roll |
He delves into his bag for one of his cheese rolls.
| "Are you going to give me the extra money?" |
“Are you going to give me the extra money? she asks.
| "No!" |
He replies that he is not, reminding her that she has already stolen £1,200 from him.
| "It's been a long day . . ." |
“Listen, it’s late – it’s been a long day. I’m going to go downstairs and sort a room for myself. We’ll sort everything out tomorrow morning – all right?”
| "I'm not going back to Cwmderi without this surgery!" |
As he is about to leave her room, she declares, “I’m not going back to Cwmderi without this surgery – I’m not, OK?”
| "Eat your roll, Lleucu" |
He simply tells her to eat her roll,
| "I want to sort this nose!" |
| "I'm gutted Esther doesn't want to watch with us" |
At number 21, Rhys and Kelly are sitting in front of the television; “I’m gutted that Esther doesn’t want to watch a film with us,” says Kelly. Rhys tells her not to take it personally.
| She picks up her phone . . . |
Then her phone sounds; she picks it up,
| . . . and quickly puts it down again |
and when she sees that it is Ieuan Griffiths, puts it down again. A couple of seconds later it rings once more and this time she rejects the call.
| "You should have answered it" |
Rhys thinks that she should have answered it, as Ieuan did seem genuine the other night.
| "Rhys, what did we say?" |
“Rhys, what did we say about not allowing things outside our relationship affect us?” she snarls.
| "I'm going for a bath" |
He makes it clear that he does not think that Ieuan and Diane are having an affair, so Kelly decides that she is going for a bath, as she is tired, much to Rhys’ displeasure.
| They have had an enjoyable time |
“You know – I’ve really enjoyed myself tonight,” says Hywel and Siwsi feels the same. “Thank you for your sensible advice.
| "You're still here, then?" |
Rhys comes in from next door and remarks, “You’re still here, then?” Siwsi invites him to come and join them,
| "We're having a lot of fun" |
explaining that he did not tell her his father was such good company; they are having a lot of fun.
| "Don't tell me I've made Hywel Llywelyn blush?" |
“Don’t tell me I’ve made Hywel Llywelyn blush?” she gasps.
They drink a toast to, “New friendships!” Rhys tells them to enjoy themselves.
| They arrive at number 10 |
Sioned, Mathew and the twins arrive at number 10, which is full of boxes at the moment. Rhys has left a bottle on the table with a note, ‘Welcome to your new home’.
| "Look at this place, Math" |
“Look at this place, Math,” she begins, but he reminds her that it is only temporary; now she is even more determined.
| "I'll never forgive Mam!" |
“If Mam doesn’t give me what I’m owed, I’ll never forgive her!” Mathew asks the twins if they like it.
| In a barn at Penrhewl . . . |
Meanwhile in one of the barns at Penrhewl, Howard walks in with a torch;
| . . . Howard and Chips prepare to bed down for the night |
he goes over to where there is a pile of clothes and a sleeping bag
| The dog is given some water |
and pours some water into a bowl for Chips.
| "Don't worry, old girl . . ." |
“Don’t worry, old girl, I’ll look after you
| ". . . I'll find us somewhere safe" |
“and I’m sure I’ll find us somewhere safe before winter.”
No comments:
Post a Comment